creating an internal memory card
with this guide you will repartition the vita's internal storage to include a usable internal memory card
If you already have homebrews enabled and VitaDeploy installed, skip this section.
- 1.Open the Vita web browser and navigate to
- 2.The orange HENlo menu should appear, press "Unlock my vita" and "Unlock"
- 3.The henlo-bootstrap menu should show up after a short while - If the web browser crashes or errors out, try again. You might need to reboot.
- 4.Navigate to "Replace NEAR with VitaDeploy", press CROSS and then SQUARE, this will install the homebrew toolbox and reboot the console. - If the console is stuck on "please wait" after reboot, hold the power button for it to reboot again.
- 5.Open the Vita web browser again and navigate to
- 6.The orange HENlo menu should appear, press "Unlock my vita" and "Unlock"
- 7.The henlo-bootstrap menu should show up after a short while - If the web browser crashes or errors out, try again. You might need to reboot.
- 8.Navigate to "Install henkaku" and press X, this will install the homebrew framework
- 9.Navigate to "Exit" and press X, this will enable the homebrew framework
- 1.Make sure that you have the VitaDeploy app installed - If you replaced NEAR, look for a grey toolbox "vdep" bubble.
- 2.Open the Settings app and navigate to "HENkaku settings"
- 3.Tick the "Enable Unsafe Homebrew" box, this is required for VitaDeploy to work properly
unsafe hb enabled
- 1.Open VitaDeploy and navigate to "Miscellaneous" -> "Create an internal memory card", this will open the imcunlock disclaimer - If you replaced NEAR, after pressing the "Create.." button VitaDeploy may crash, simply launch VitaDeploy again - it should open the disclaimer.
- 2.Accept the disclaimer with X.
- 3.Navigate to "Default 2XXX storage configuration" and press X, this will repartition vita's internal storage in the style of PCH-2XXX / SLIM units and reboot.
- 4.Open the Settings app and navigate to "Format"->"Format the memory card"
- 5.Make sure that only the internal memory card of size 1GB is selected and press "continue"->"format" and accept all the prompts, the console will format and reboot
- 6.Thats it! You can now confirm that you have a 1GB internal memory card by opening the Settings app and navigating to "System"->"System information"